Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shetland Sheep - Constance

Constance will be 3 this year, she is mother to Adrianna and the owner of one of my favorite fleeces ever. I hate to part with her, but s she doesn't have what I am breeding for in the way of color. I want to keep either her or her mother, Colleen, or grandma Fiona , but I can't decide :-( so they are all for sale, and I'll keep the one that is left :-)
Connie's fleece is long, fine and curly, something I have heard described as "helical crimp", the picture shows a little of what I'm talking about :-) She actually sparkles in the sun after shearing because of the luster of her fleece :-) She is a true mioget, as well as a "grey" meaning that instead of brown and white fibers like your standard musket, she has white and GOLD :-) as a lamb she was this beautiful "yellow" brown, and then did the "Ag fade" :-) Genotype Ag/Aa Bb/Bb SS/S? modified it's possible that she carries spotting, as her parents do, but we have to do more breeding to find out. $300
Only by His grace - Marion

No comments: